Curtis L. Olson wrote:
Andy Ross wrote:

It does if you don't specify a length: fixing this requires changing
every spot in the code where a "string" was read from or written to a
property to make the code handle the length properly.  It's not hard,
but it's a huge amount of work (and probably not worth it, as you can
store arbitrary byte buffers as Nasal objects anyway).

I'd prefer adding a new property type (i.e. byte array?) before diverging from the commonly understood and accepted meaning of a "C string". Forcing the calling layer to manage string length *every* place a string is used would be a huge mess I think ... that's why we special case "string" in the first place ... it means an array of bytes terminated with a null, and it's very useful!

Okay, okay. I'll let it go.
It's also hard to decide how to convert such a byte array to an int/double/bool or even string type.

Erik