Is there a reliable way to determine the terrain height below the
aircraft that is independent of the view being used?  I've tried the
property "/environment/ground-elevation-m", but when I use tower view,
it returns the elevation at the view origin.

I'm trying to develop an RC-type application, so knowing the height
from the controller's position is worthless.  How can I get the
terrain height below the aircraft?  It would be helpful if I could
determine the height of any arbitrary lat/lon position, as well, if
that's possible.

Thanks,
Drew