Le mercredi 08 juin 2005 à 03:08 +0200, Gerard ROBIN a écrit :
> Le mercredi 08 juin 2005 à 01:45 +0200, Gerard ROBIN a écrit :
> > Le mardi 07 juin 2005 à 17:07 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
> > > I also have an nvidia card, though an older one, and when I go from
> > > Enhanced
> > > Runway Lights (as low as 3 fps) to no Enhanced Runway Lights, it jumps to
> > > 40
> > > fps.  Any connection?
> > >
> > As far as i understand the preference.xml content,
> > We do have that property
> >
> > <enhanced-lighting type="bool">false</enhanced-lighting>
> >
> > AND
> >
> > In the fg menu i did not indicate Enhanced Runway Lighting.
> >

> To conclude about that problem, and before i come back to my old NVIDIA 5200
>
> Does anybody can tell me, how may i deactivate the runway landing
> lights ?
>
> thanks

IT IS  UNUSUAL that i give the question and later on the answer :-)

I have solved it with a patch in renderer.cxx (hope temporary)

 // draw runway lighting
      if ( draw_otw ) {
 //    ssgCullAndDraw( globals->get_scenery()->get_vasi_lights_root() );
       ssgCullAndDraw( globals->get_scenery()->get_rwy_lights_root() );
    }

==>
added comment on line 638
ssgCullAndDraw( globals->get_scenery()->get_vasi_lights_root() );

about, fps: the result is ok  (70 fps)
about, Runway landing light it is deleted
about, Runway light still present not deleted.

May be an other Question:
Is it, a PLIB bug, a NVIDIA bug, a FG bug ???
about NVIDIA 6600 it is now able to process GL 2.0 so !!

--
Gerard