[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I know this is an incredibly dumb question.. but in Nasal an
> "elseif" conditon is expressed as "elsif"?

Perl uses "elsif" like Nasal.  C and derivatives (and Javascript) use
"else if" only because they hack their parser grammers to handle the
inherent ambiguity.  The bourne shell is a little terser and uses
"elif", at the expense of pronouncing the resulting syntax wrong, a
bug that Python inherited.

So... what on earth is an "elseif"?  No language designer in their
right mind would choose THAT. :)

Seriously: if you're looking for obvious standards here, it's going to
be a looong search...  One picks ones brain damage and moves on.

Andy