Dave Culp wrote:
> This is a poll.  Does anyone really want the FDM to allow flying under the
> terrain, or was that a misunderstanding by me?

No, this is not a misunderstanding. Probably your conclusion of "we
need to avoid such a situation" is different from mine. I would not
want to let aircraft fly below terrain surface but i would not want FG
to automagically initiate a reset as well. A crash demonstration as
Melchior did it for the BO-105 is probably the 'best' solution.

Aside from that flying below a bridge or taxiing into a hangar is a
desired feature.

Cheers,
        Martin.