Le samedi 11 juin 2005 à 08:39 -0700, Andy Ross a écrit :
> Gerard Robin wrote:
> > I could not use JSB (no rotor FDM) and with the use of Yasim it has
> > been very difficult to find the right way which make that model to
> > stand correctly on water with gear-up.
> >
> > To answer that, JSBSim gives a better flexibility.
>
> Both JSBSim and YASim use manually placed gear objects.  There is no
> meaningful difference in the way they are configured.  Getting the
> c.g. correct and making aircraft stand up straight is just hard. :)
>
> Note that there is no "water" yet.  Making an aircraft stand correctly
> on water is no different from making it stand correctly on the runway.
>
> Andy

 NO.... The big difference is,

a seaplane can have 2 types of contact points one which is the usual
gears on ground, which is retractable and well defined on both FDM.
the second which is part of the fuse and auxiliary floats, with JSBSim
we have not any difficulties to define it ( i have a seaplane modelled
with 12 contact points) and makes the aircraft standing correctly.

with Yasim we must find a medium way to get the same effect.
About retractable gears no problems, about contact points on the fuse
big problems .....

--
Gerard