* Andy Ross -- Saturday 11 June 2005 17:35:
> FWIW, adding special behavior for contact points when they touch water
> (relaxed "crash" distance and spring constant, I guess) wouldn't be
> hard, provided the hard part is done: telling the FDM when the
> intersection point is with "water".

The hard part *is* done already. See in groundcache.cxx:

  bool
  FGGroundCache::get_agl(double t, const double dpt[3],
                           double contact[3], double normal[3], double vel[3],
                           int *type, double *loadCapacity,
                           double *frictionFactor, double *agl)

type and frictionFactor!

m.