On Friday 10 June 2005 20:27, Dave Culp wrote:
> This is a poll.  Does anyone really want the FDM to allow flying under the
> terrain, or was that a misunderstanding by me?
>
> If nobody wants it then I think it should be disallowed.

I agree with the terrain.
But i think that airplanes need to be able to sink after they crash. :)
So the best way would be to make the terrain and watersurfaces independent
from each other.
This would also have some positive side effects because it would allow us to
animate waves of the sea and make the sea transparent, especially at the
coastlines.
For this, it would also be a good idea to display the ground under the sea
and merge the terrain with the ground under the sea instead of with the sea
level.
This would also allows us to include submarines, like someone above in this
thread said.

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.