> Jon Berndt wrote:
> >
> > I'm finally getting around to reinstalling FlightGear after a hard drive
> > crash a couple months ago. I have this as a place to get OpenAL for Cygwin:
>
> Try this version:
>
> ftp://ftp.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Win32/openal_cyg.tgz
>
> Vivian

I got that file. I untarred it in /usr, so the include files, libraries, etc.
all went in
the right places.

However, I've tried building SimGear (under CygWin) and I get this error:

--- start ---
In file included from ../../simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.hxx:50,
                 from visual_enviro.cxx:33:
/usr/include/AL/alc.h:39: error: syntax error before `*' token
/usr/include/AL/alc.h:51: error: `ALCcontext' was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/AL/alc.h:51: error: `alcHandle' was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/AL/alc.h:51: error: variable `ALCboolean alcMakeContextCurrent'
   definition is marked dllimport.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me in configuring OpenAL to work with
SimGear?

Jon