> > other problem is about strange rectangles in sim... I ve the same
> > problem even in 0.9.8 release compile.. i can see these rectangles
> > almost everywhere  in clouds , on the sea and on the  ground.
> > here some screens
> > http://www.geocities.com/fgscreens/fgfs-screen-011.jpg
> > http://www.geocities.com/fgscreens/fgfs-screen-002.jpg
> > http://www.geocities.com/fgscreens/fgfs-screen-005.jpg

..I saw all but http://www.geocities.com/fgscreens/fgfs-screen-005.jpg,
on 005, Geocities whines "Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data
transfer. Visit our help area for more information."

..did I miss anything important, or is it the same rectangles?

no you didnt miss something ; basicly same ...AM i the only one having these behaviour... here two other examples . ( on ground and sea textures always draw black and same size)
higher alt on the sea http://www.geocities.com/fgscreens/fgfs-screen-010.jpg
lower alt http://www.geocities.com/fgscreens/fgfs-screen-004.jpg

.by the way according to traffic, site went down for an hour or something...