On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:51:01 -0500, bass wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm sending joystick input through Simulink in Matlab to Flightgear
> using the Native-ctrls structure.  I am able to control everything
> pretty satisfactorily, everything except the throttle... its gone
> digital on me!!!  It fluctuates between a one and a zero in almost a
> random manner when I vary the slider on the joystick.  I know I've
> setup the input data right... its scaled between one and zero.

..this is the correct behavior for early WWI era planes powered with
rotary engines such as the Gnome, Rhone and Oberursel rotaries,
these were "throttled" by "blipping" the ignition off-n-on to cut power
to a desirable level.  If you're _not_ doing a rotary, it's a bug.  ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: