* bass pumped -- Tuesday 28 June 2005 09:23:
> > >  cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/cvs-repository co openal

> I tried this command too!!  nothing happened.  it just sits.

I didn't try to check out again, but updating from that server works as it
always did. I'd run cvs with the -t trace option:

  $ cvs -t -d ... co openal

Maybe you have to update your cvs version. In some cases there were
incompatibilities with local cvs binaries and the cvs server version.
(My cvs is v1.12.9.)  $ strace -fF cvs ...  might tell you something
about the problem, too.

m.