> > void
> > readXML (istream &input, XMLVisitor &visitor, const string &path)
> > {
>

> >     engine_filename = FindEngineFullPathname(engine_filename);
> >     readXML(engine_filename, *engine_file_parser);
>

> The parameters don't match up for one thing.  "engine_filename" is a string?
>
> Dave

Sorry - there's an intermediate step. Propulsion calls readXML with a string
filename,
then another variation of readXML() is called with the input stream. Everything
executes
fine up until call to readXML(istream ...

The item I see as most suspect now is the "false" result from the call to
input.good().

Jon