On Sunday 17 July 2005 20:20, Vivian Meazza wrote:
> Oliver C
>
> > On Sunday 17 July 2005 16:55, Vivian Meazza wrote:
> > > Harald JOHNSEN
> > >

> > > I guess the first player will set the environment for all subsequent
> > > players, or would the server have some say in this?
> >
> > Such things should be allways done by the server to prevent cheating.
>
> Does that imply we always use METAR? Should we have some choice if the real
> weather is unsuitable? What about turbulence? Should we be able to choose
> time of day?

No, this does imply, that the server should allways have the control over the
weather and time of day settings.
This means, that the server is telling you if Metar or something else is used.

> > > How would the initial
> > > conditions be the same, since players enter and leave at any time? What
> > > would happen when the first player left the sim?
> >
> > That's why the server needs to control it.
> > Then entering and leaving the server at any time isn't a problem.
>
> The first player could set the conditions, and then providing that these
> were updated at regular intervals, other players could also enter and leave
> at any time.

Who is the first player when the first player leaves the server?

That's why normally such things are set by the server administrator or by the
users who have to vote for a change of the settings.
In latter case we need a voting system.

> > > Would METAR data be
> > > updated? Could/should the server provide METAR data and time?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Would this cause an unacceptable interruption in player positional data?

When the METAR data gets updated all 15 min. there shouldn't be much overhead.

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.