Oliver Schroeder wrote:
> I was thinking about oberservers, too. So it will be possible to
> build radar stations (human operated) and tower controll etc,
> without disdurbing the other clients (which would try to render the
> observer).

Rather than special casing this (special case abstractions are the
work of the devil), why not implement the "priority sorting" update
scheme I mentioned in the previous message and have the "observers" be
motionless objects at some sane position like the center of the earth,
so they see all clients with the same priority.

Andy