Le lundi 01 août 2005 à 00:18 +0200, Arnt Karlsen a écrit :
> On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:40:58 +0200, Oliver wrote in message
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > On Saturday 30 July 2005 16:25, Dave Martin wrote:
> > > I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet but the 1.0-7667
> > > driver from NVIDIA for linux breaks the drawn shadows as in they
> > > don't appear at all.
> > >
> > > This tested and confirmed on a FX5800U and 6600GT PCIE
> > >
> > > Dave Martin
> >
> > No, it works here.
> > You just need to start flightgear in 24 bit mode.
> > fgfs --bpp=24
>
> ...does " --bpp=32 " work any better than 24bpp for you?
> (Assuming X run at 32 on Nvidia cards)

 Being Nvidia and X installed , i continu to search a good answer :
After many experimentations,
I did not notice any change between 24bpp and 32 bpp.
I am not an expert in graphics development, may be the differences
depends on the GPU itself  and the capability to handle both
definitions,
The main question could be about CPU:
does CPU time used and is it any losses with one or the other ?

Does somebody can give an answer ?

--
Gerard