Le vendredi 19 août 2005 à 09:27 +0200, Ralf Gerlich a écrit :

> Yes, we did ;-) However, the digitising effort is quite relaxing -
> clearing your mind of any thoughts which may bother you. Especially
> after a hard day at work ;-)
>
> And we learnt a lot about our own area - and still keep learning. We
> have a lot of towns with funny names here.
>
> Not to forget we get to fly above our home area ;-) Even on the first
> round trips around the scenery you can still find new details you didn't
> actually notice before during digitalisation.
>
> As soon as I get time I'll document the process somewhat, hoping to get
> others started. This is quite a good field for improvement in FlightGear
> if you're unable to help with the coding. Let's see what comes around
> with Martin Spott's PostGIS server. Perhaps we'll see more improved
> scenery from other areas of the world soon.
>
> For the US-areas appropriate base material in the form of arial photos
> is quite easy to get (terraserver-usa.com, etc.). When I get around to
> doing a tutorial (working with GRASS, making scenery out of it, etc.),
> I'll try doing some part of San Francisco for the "demo" scenery from
> the standard data package.
>
> Ralf

I have been wondering to improve a place in France in Provence
surrounding
the Mont Ventoux, the FG scenery gives some crazy visual situations with
rivers climbing mountains or roads becoming rivers. The materials are
not good , the mont ventoux top should be desert stone and not green
grass ....
Your Lake Constance result, could encourage me to work on that.
You created additional tool:      "an addition to TerraGear for creating
polygons from GRASS vector lines and points".
Does that patch apply to the last terragear release? and is it
available?