Dave Martin wrote:
On Friday 09 September 2005 18:36, Jon Stockill wrote:
I've just finished downloading and processing all the data to get my
scenery build system back up and running after a disk crash, it's
building tiles for a test of the OSM roads at the moment. I'll grab some
screenshots when it's done.

I look forward to seeing that.

Here's a couple of pics, the first is looking west over the gherkin, and the second is looking out over regents park. Generation time was over an hour for that tile on a 1GHz athlon (the resource limits in fgfs-construct needed a significant increase). Memory usage was ok at around 140MB.

http://flightgear.stockill.org.uk/scenery/osmroads1.jpg
http://flightgear.stockill.org.uk/scenery/osmroads2.jpg

It shows up a few limitations in the source data. The road segments are currently all represented seperately and not tied into a road object, this results in lots of short roads, and visible breaks on the outside of corners. This will improve as the open streetmap system matures (it's still very early days).

Jon