This is a known problem with building FlightGear on a Mac. For some reason autogen for FG does not copy them, while it works fine for SimGear. I have not been able to figure out why it happens, or what is different about FG and SG, but I wrote some Mac build instructions that have a work around. Here is the relevant part:

* Build FlightGear

> cd $BUILDDIR/src/source
> ./autogen.sh
Automake should do the next two steps, but for some reason does not for FlightGear
(but it does for SimGear, which is odd)
> ln -s /usr/share/automake-1.6/config.guess config.guess
> ln -s /usr/share/automake-1.6/config.sub config.sub
> ./configure --prefix=$BUILDDIR --without-x
> make

Does anyone know if my Mac build instructions were ever included in any documentation anywhere? Best I can tell, the only Mac build instructions are very old, out of date, and don't work at all. Instead they just lead newbies off in a completely wrong direction.

--Adam

On Sep 20, 2005, at 8:14 AM, Arthur Wiebe wrote:

With fresh copy is still is a nogo.

In case it helps here's the output of autogen.sh:

Host info: Darwin Power Macintosh
 automake: 1.6.3 (16)

Running aclocal
Running autoheader
Running automake --add-missing
configure.ac <http://configure.ac> : installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac <http://configure.ac> : installing `./mkinstalldirs'
configure.ac <http://configure.ac> : installing `./missing'
Makefile.am <http://Makefile.am> : installing `./INSTALL'
Makefile.am <http://Makefile.am> : installing `./COPYING'
src/AIModel/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
Running autoconf

Does not look like anything is wrong. I can't figure it out because I've
never had problems like this before.

On 9/20/05, Arthur Wiebe < <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The file is not present and like I said before I did run autogen.sh.
Using autoconf 2.59.

I'll try a fresh copy of the source and see what happens.

On 9/20/05, Erik Hofman <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >
wrote:

Arthur Wiebe wrote:

I just checked our the latest flightgear source and after running
autogen.sh tried to run configure but got the following error:
configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh ./config.sub

Is this file present?
If not you need to run autogen.sh

If so, you should make sure it's marked executable:
chmod +x config.sub

Erik

<Arthur/>
-  <http://sourceforge.net/users/artooro/>