Andy Ross wrote:

This is the relevant code from simgear/compiler.h.  Apparently it
thinks that Solaris machines lack a stdint.h header file.  This is
incorrect, at least on the Solaris 10 box I have access too.  The
workaround should be to just eliminate the "|| defined(sun)" bit.

  #if defined( _MSC_VER ) || defined(__MINGW32__) || defined(sun)
  typedef signed char      int8_t;
  typedef signed short     int16_t;
  typedef signed int       int32_t;
  typedef signed __int64   int64_t;
  typedef unsigned char    uint8_t;
  typedef unsigned short   uint16_t;
  typedef unsigned int     uint32_t;
  typedef unsigned __int64 uint64_t;
  #endif

Note that it also includes these definitions for mingw builds, which
is incorrect.  The mingw compiler is a gcc variant, which includes
stdint.h as part of the compiler suite; it is not a platform header.
As far as I can see, MSVC is the only compiler we use that lacks this.

This has been fixed.

Erik