Drew wrote:
> I have a Windows build of FlightGear, and have recently discovered
> when the FlightGear window is minimized, the CPU usage jumps up to
> 100%.  Does anyone have any idea why this happens?  What can be done
> to fix this?

Didn't this subject come up before?  Note that "CPU usage is at 100%"
is neither a bug nor a problem by itself.  Do you need more CPU for
calculating something else?  Are your other applications unresponsive?

FlightGear, like most games or real-time simulations, has a
frame-based main loop.  It calculates a frame, renders it, and then
immediately goes back to the start of the loop to render the next one.
That keeps the frame rate as high as possible given the resources
available.

There is currently no provision for "throttling" the frame rate in
situations where the window is minimized, although I suppose that
could be done.

Andy