> On Thursday 27 Oct 2005 20:20, Vassilii Khachaturov wrote:
> > In the recent 737 autopilot change,
> > we see that the only improvement is the change of the target
> > speet.

[snip]

> Hello Vassilii,
>
> these aren't 'hardwired' values but defaults.  The values
> declared here, in the aircraft 'set' file create the
> corresponding nodes in the property tree and their values can be
> changed using panel instruments, GUIs, the property browser,
> nasal scripts and the telnet and http interfaces.

I certainly understand that one can change the property during runtime;
I am definitely guilty of not reading into the aircraft model before
righting the original mail in this thread.

What is more, is that I missed the data/Aircraft/737/Systems
737-autopilotV4.xml update, where the actually important stuff had
happened. I thus assumed that all the cure (in the log message
that was common for both the changes) was in changing the above default,
and hence inquired! sorry for wasting everybody's time...

Vassilii