Dear fellow developers,

I've decided to upgrade my fgfs addiction from just submitting
janitorial/small nagging feature patches to a next level --- specifically,
I've begun to study the GL APIs and would like to help the project with doing
some graphics-related programming.

While I used to do pretty hardcore 2D graphics programming half my life ago
(Z80 assembler on a ZX Spectrum-compatible (same video-wise anyway)
computer), and an experienced C++ programmer, I'm a total newbie when it
comes to 3D. Hence I am turning to the flightgear/simgear graphics gurus:

Do you have in mind some graphics related aspect of flightgear that I could
help with, that
1) needs me to do C++ work (I.e., I don't want a purely modelling/scripting
task, unless you feel that's needed to get in to the C++ stage)
2) gives me a goal to aim towards such that I could also commit some useful
for the project intermediate chunks/milestones (that I could polish until CVS
integration before going on to the next one), keeping in mind that I'll learn
along the way?

I have around a day per week to commit to the coding, and I'll also read books
atop of that. I'm willing to RTFM/read as much as possible as I go atop of
that, too. Is there a good doc to get started with diving into the FG/SG
graphics existing code base, other than the SG doxygen-generated pages?
(If there is none, I'll log my learning trails in whoever asks for it next).

I've read http://www.flightgear.org/goals.html , but it seems a bit outdated
(BTW, is the site material in the CVS somewhere, so as to make it easier to
send the patches against?)

V.