Ima Sudonim wrote:
>>  Next on the list are
>> the Nat. Cathedral, Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, Mormon
>> Temple, Pentagon and then the Mall. Not sure what timetable I'm  looking
>> at though. If you can think of any other big visible structures  that you
>> would like to see (sorry, I'm not tackling the bridges yet, there's
>> issues with the VMAP data I don't want to deal with) let me know. No
>> promises though.
>

> Josh,
>
> Thanks for your interest on building up a more recognizable  washingon, DC!

<SNIP>

> On my wishlist for dc: (in addition to yours):

Oh, yeah I forgot, I am also planning on doing the stadiums.

> the georgetown and dalecarlia sp? reservoirs might help avoid the
> restricted area around the us vice presidents house (at the naval
> observatory)

Don't forget the reflecting pool:)

The reservoirs should eventually get taken care of by more accurate
shoreline data. Curt may be filtering them out because of their size
right now. I don't know if they are in the data set. If they are there
may be a way to get him to whitelist them. Curt?

<SNIP>

> Probably accurately displaying the borders of parks and forested  areas
> could help with VFR, no? (this is not to imply that the borders  are not
> accurate, I don't know but it might be worth looking into)

Again, a function of how accurate the VMAP data is. I think it's already
pretty good, actually.