On Sunday 13 November 2005 20:15, Steve Knoblock wrote:
> I installed the downgrade of freeglut, but I still get a missing
> header error. I think this header is in the freeglut-devel but did not
> download that module. I cannot seem to access the 9.3 RPMs in the Yast
> repositories. Can someone point me in the right direction where to get
> these files?

If you are building software with a compile-time dependency on a package, you
will need the -devel RPM too.

I'm astonished you haven't yet come across RPMFind.net...

http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=freeglut-devel&submit=Search+...&system=suse&arch=

> This is getting tiresome.
Of course we'd all rather this problem hadn't been introduced in freeglut; but
at the same time, it shouldn't be difficult to work around.  In your case,
manually install the two freeglut-2.2 RPMs, or just compile FG with
--enable-sdl (assuming you have libsdl and associated headers installed).

Let us know how you get on, or better, if you're still stuck, ask for
real-time help on the IRC channel.  There has been a steady stream of such, I
dare say another one wouldn't hurt...

Cheers,

AJ