Stewart Andreason wrote:

Here's an interesting one:

When flying thru a cloud layer, that layer either disappears or becomes a
solid cloud bank, which is fine when the viewpoint is from the cockpit.

However, if the viewpoint is from the tower, or perhaps by extension, from
another plane in multi-player mode (I can't check this), this becomes
undesirable behavior.
The entire world around the viewpoint becomes either zero visability or
clear, for as long as your plane is in that layer.

Cirrus, overcast, broken => total fog
Scattered, few           => disappear/clear

Stewart

You are right and it's an old bug, we are using the plane altitude to determine how to draw the cloud
layers, while we should be using the *viewer* altitude.
from render.cxx :
       thesky->preDraw( *cur_fdm_state->get_Altitude()* * SG_FEET_TO_METER,
                        fog_exp2_density );

Harald.