I want to use one of the terrain textures in a model, but I also want it
to match when the winter terrains are used. Is there an easy way of
doing this? I considered using a Nasal script, but I don't know how the
script would know when the winter textures are being used.

Along the same lines, if whatever mechanism is used for the winter
terrain textures could be used for models, we could texture buildings so
that they have snow on the roof in winter. Some standard like having all
the textures for a static model in a directory, and the winter ones in a
directory.winter perhaps.

Josh