Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> Umm ... but is sizeof(float)==sizeof(int) on all supported
> platforms? It's not on Atari ST, for example (IIRC).  :-/

Really?  I honestly thought all 68k platforms used a 32 bit int to
match the register width.  Certainly all 68k gcc variants do (gcc
can't support a 16 bit int for internal reasons, apparently).  But
yeah -- on all useful platforms an int is a 32 bit 2's complement
number and a float is a 32 bit value in IEEE format.

The only types that have multiple sizes to worry about are pointers
and "long", each of which can be either 32 or 64 bits depending on
platform.

Andy