bass pumped wrote:
> I have a wild idea I hope no one kills me for!  Its christmas and
> PSP prices are a little lower (i think).  How hard would it be to
> put Flightgear on a PSP.  People are already doing homebrew games on
> those, ofcourse, not with very complicated graphics.  But it could
> be possible could it not??

No OpenGL implementation -- I think it's got some sort of 3D hardware,
actually, but we'd need to rewrite all the rendering code to use it.
And then shrink all the textures so they fit in the thing's memory.
You'd probably have to remove all the interesting high-vertex-count
scenery too.

Certainly some sort of flight simulation on the thing is possible
(it's *much* faster than the box I was running FS 4.0 on in the early
90's), but I'm not convinced that porting FlightGear would be any
easier than just starting from scratch...

Andy