Paul Surgeon wrote:

On Saturday 17 December 2005 13:40, Erik Hofman wrote:
Melchior FRANZ wrote:
Sorry to be annoying yet again, but that's what I'm best at:

* Erik Hofman -- Saturday 17 December 2005 10:48:
I must say I like the idea, but given it's current state (no windows
support) I would like to postpone it until after FlightGear 1.0 is
released.
And I would like to postpone the 1.0 release, until FlightGear is ready
to be called 1.0.
What's this, now you want releases that have missing options for some
OS'es??

No, that's not what Melchior implied or said at all.
What he said is that he would prefer if we hold off with ANY 1.0 release until FG is ready to be called version 1.0.
He didn't mention any OS's in an exclusion list did he?

Give me a patch and I'll commit it, until then there's little room for
discussion.

So in other words all the developers, we're going to release 1.0 whether they like it or not" because you or Curt say so?!

I thought this was a community project but I was clearly wrong.
It would appear that we have zero say over this matter and even less chance of getting any honest answers from either you or Curt.

I'm now sufficiently fed up with the secret 1.0 agenda, that I'll
stop contributing until after this monstrosity is out.
Lighten up, I just started looking at this patch since Fred promised to
fill in the missing gaps.

I would also like to know what this urgency for a 1.0 release is but all we get are answers that skirt the issue or no answers at all.

Look, if we took half the time that we spend worrying about arbitrary version numbers and spent it developing code and fixing bugs, we'd be at v2.0 by now. I'm sorry that some people get so bent out of whack over something so arbitrary, but I know that we just aren't going to make everyone happy all the time. There's no grand conspiracy here, no secrecy. Let's keep it clean here, there may be children in the room.