On January 4, 2006 09:31 pm, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> The other small point that I would make is that this individual did
> contribute an aircraft to FG, but later asked to have it removed from
> CVS in protest that certain bugs weren't getting addressed to his
> satisfaction.  In fact, he continually ramped up his negative rhetoric,
> culminated by yanking his model out of CVS and *un* contributing it,
> then unsubscribed from our lists ... I'm not sure exactly what set him
> off originally, but certainly things were not happening to his
> satisfaction -- and that is how he chose to deal with it.
>
> People are free to contribute to FlightGear whatever they like, and this
> person could recontribute his model if he ever wanted to, and we would
> all welcome it I'm sure, but that's a choice he's going to have to make
> for himself.
>
> If someone wants something from me, just ask, and I'll do the best I can
> within my human limitations to help.  But if you ramp up the negativity
> until it gets down right nasty -- I don't play that game and I'm
> definitely not motivated by that approach.
>
> My view is that I'll keep trucking here -- making my share of mistakes
> -- but doing the best I possibly can.  And this other individual can do
> what ever he wants, and we'll all keep moving on with life.  I wish  him
> all the best whatever he wants to do with his time and energy, no hard
> feelings from my end.
>
> Curt.
This question has been rolling in my mind for a while: how can a person
uncontribute something from an opensource project?

If I understand this correctly, anyone is free to do anything with works that
are GPL'ed, as long as the said person doesn't violate the GPL.  Doesn't this
imply that you are free to ignore his request to have his works removed from
the CVS?

If his works aren't GPL'ed to begin with, I don't think we would want to see
them in the CVS at all.

Ampere