Frederic Bouvier wrote:

Quoting Vivian Meazza :
Nice try - perfectly understandable transmissions here :-). It runs under
Cygwin for a while, then fails with:

next chatter in 37 seconds
OpenAL error (AL_INVALID_VALUE): bind_source (alGenSources)
Failed to generate audio source.

It seems that alDeleteSources is only called when SGSoundSample::stop() is
called.
Not when the sample is deleted ( the destructor only do alDeleteBuffers in that
case ). I don't know if SGSoundSample::stop() is called in this case but this
could be a problem.

Interesting catch, thanks Fred. I made a small change to fg_fx.cxx to call the stop() function first. Perhaps that will cure the problem.

In looking at this, I notice that the current sound system shows signs of being migrated from plib and perhaps isn't written optimally for openal ... At some point it might be worth getting an openal expert (or someone more familiar with openal than me) to take a pass through the code and see if there are places where things could be restructured or fixed up to reduce the chances of these sorts of problems.

Regards,

Curt.