--- Lee Elliott wrote:
> Funny where you are sometimes, when ideas occur to you.  I was in
> the shower, thinking about various aspects of FG when I thought,
> while doing some logical toppling: wouldn't it be fun in
> multi-player if there was a mode where instead of one player to
> one aircraft we could have many people to one aircraft, so that
> several people could crew a single aircraft...

I think you can do this already using the I/O system as follows:

Player 1 connection via multiplayer normally, also output FDM/control
information to player2, and receives control information back from player
2 (command-line options taken from the Getting Started Guide):

--callsign=MyName
--multiplay=in,10,192.168.0.2,5000
--multiplay=out,10,202.83.200.172,5000
--native-fdm=socket,out,60,,5505,udp
--native-ctrls=socket,out,60,,5506,udp
--native-ctrls=socket,in,60,,5507,udp

Player 2 connects to receive multiplayer information only (to display
other aircraft etc), receives FDM/control information from Player 1, and
outputs control information back to Player 1:

--multiplay=in,10,192.168.0.2,5000
--native-fdm=socket,in,60,,5505,udp
--native-ctrls=socket,in,60,,5506,udp
--native-ctrls=socket,out,60,,5507,udp

Of course, you need to be able to reach each other with UDP on the ports
above, and set up player 2 so they aren't over-riding Player 1's control
inputs. The README.IO has more information on setting the options.

It isn't trivial, but I don't think it's beyond the technical know-how of
people sufficiently into FG to want to do this kind of thing.

Regards,

-Stuart