Melchior FRANZ writes:

> * Andy Ross -- Friday 03 February 2006 16:29:

> > and removing the C++ implementation?  Or for a
> > bonus, port the ATC display code (from which screenPrint was derived)
> > to use the Nasal implementation and remove the C++ code from that,
> > too?
>
> The ATC subsystem shouldn't really generate the message *and* display
> it, no matter which method is used. It should rather only set a property
> to the generated message, for example /sim/messages/atc. A different
> subsystem should then take this message and display it -- using the
> same code for ATC and other screen messages.

Hi Melchior,

I wrote the ATC display code ages ago, simply because I needed to.  Please feel
free to rip it out and replace with something better.

It does (accidentally) have a few nice 'features' - 2 messages transmitted
simultaneously are as unreadable on the display as they are indecipherable in
real-life.  Unfortunately users keep thinking this is a bug, and complain about
it!

'Wrote' might be rather flattering as well - IIRC I copied the FPS display code
for the core of it ;-)

Cheers - Dave