Oh ok... I have heard the nick-name widow-maker...
I remember, is was one of the first model planes I made as a kid....
cheers Martin

= Dene

From: Martin Spott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] (Real) SR22-GTS Demo Flight
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:31:29 +0000 (UTC)

"dene maxwell" wrote:
>>From: Martin Spott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> > Martin, Which one did you mean? The foreground or background :->>
>>
>>The one in the background is for married couples and I'm not (yet)
>>married  ;-)
>
> hehehe, If I were you i'd be asking every woman I meet to marry me for a
> chance to fly in that baby!!!...

I hope you'll tolerate my sarcasm, but as I've already started this, I
realize that I should explain the meaing:
At least in Germany the Starfighter has a second name that would
translate something like "widow-maker" - simply because of numerous
crashes with this aircraft. Thus I meant that the pilot should marry
_before_ flying such an aircraft because otherwise his
life-mate/girlfriend doesn't profit from the widow's pension ....  :-/

Martin.