On Saturday 25 February 2006 08:46, Pigeon wrote:
>     Just thought someone might want to know about this, with current
> SG/FG cvs, if I have /sim/ai/enabled (i.e. --prop:/sim/ai/enabled=true),
> starting FG at KSFO (probably not KSFO specific) gives me this:
>
>     Attempting to schedule tiles for bogus lon and lat  = (-1000,0)
>     This is a FATAL error.  Exiting!
>
>     (usually followed by some other problems including assert/abort/segv
> or glibc double free error)

Hi,

This is a problem I've been investigating recently, and it looks like it is
triggered when a non-existing AIModel is being loaded *before*
tile-scheduling is completed. I don't know if/how/when this error occurs if
you only run the AI system without the trafficmanager. I'm not (yet) familiar
enough with the tile scheduling code to know what types of error may actually
trigger this error message.

In the mean time, you might want to check in your preferences.xml file, if the
AI system has actually anything to do, and if all the required files are
installed on your system. Below is my configuration:

  <traffic-manager>
     <enabled type="bool">true</enabled>
  </traffic-manager>

  <ai>
   <enabled type="bool">true</enabled>
   <!-- scenario>nimitz_demo</scenario -->
   <!-- <scenario>aircraft_demo</scenario> -->
  </ai>

As you see, I have the two scenarios commented out, and feed the AI system
through the traffic manager instead.

Cheers,
Durk