Josh Babcock a écrit :
> Roberto Inzerillo wrote:
>
>> I have a 3d object and I'd like to use a property out of the tree which
>> gets me the distance between the point of view and the object itself, in
>> order to apply an animation to that. Is there something like that
>> available?
>>

> No, but there is an animation called dist-scale that uses that distance
> to control the size of an object. So far I am unaware of any way to
> specify an object and expose that value for it. It would be handy to be
> able to get that info from a nasal call.

Having such a property would mean that there would be a subtree for each
object in the scenery. Quite impractical, isn't it ?

The dist-scale animation compute a scale factor from the distance to the
viewer.
The flash animation compute a scale factor from the angle to the view
direction.

A question for Nasal expert : is nasal able to do vector and matrix
computation ? If yes, there is a 'SGCustomTransform' class in simgear.
For the moment, it requires a callback in C++ to compute the
transformation matrix. We can imagine this matrix could be computed in a
Nasal script inside the model's animation file.

-Fred