> From: Dave Perry
>
> I asked David Megginson off list this question and he suggests I ask the
> developers.
>
> I tried to use <max> </max> and
> <min> </min> in the Instruments-3d/vor.xml file and it has no affect.  I
> followed the syntax from the Model-How-To file; also the same as the
> syntax used in ai.xml.  Here is the relevant chunk of the new vor.xml file.
>
> > <animation>
> >   <name>GlidescopeNeedleTransform</name>
> >   <type>rotate</type>
> >   <object-name>GlidescopeNeedle</object-name>
> >   <property>/instrumentation/nav[0]/gs-needle-deflection</property>
> >   <factor>-3.2</factor>
> >   <min>-32</min>
> >   <max>32</max>
> >   <center>
> >    <x-m>0</x-m>
> >    <y-m>-0.03</y-m>
> >    <z-m>0</z-m>
> >   </center>
> >   <axis>
> >    <x>-1</x>
> >    <y>0</y>
> >    <z>0</z>
> >   </axis>
> >  </animation>
> >

> What am I doing wrong?
>
> The property goes thru several revolutions and the needle follows all of
> them.  Only the values near zero are the actual glide
> slope indications.  I could limit the display of the gs needle to an interval
> via conditions, but I thought that min and max would
> do this also.

Dave, I have not studied this carefully to fully answer your question,  however
you should start by using "min-deg" and "max-deg" since with "rotate" callbacks
the units being output are not arbitrary,  rather they are in fact degrees.
For some time now,  it is the standard in FlightGear/SimGear to try and include
the type of units in the property names when they are known (e.g. -ft, -m,
-deg).  It is easy to forget though, when playing with animations.

Best,

Jim

--
Jim Wilson