FYI: I've now added Nasal support for scenery objects to my copy of
sg & fg. This can be used for 'intelligent' objects -- special lighting
features, specific lighthouse signals, things that couldn't be done
with animations alone. The code is run as soon as the tile loader
decided to load the model. It can use listeners and timers and so
run as long as it wishes. If the object is removed from memory,
then a variable is changed in the object's namespace, so that the
code can stop itself. An optional destructor part can be used for
further cleanup (remove listeners etc.)

The required changes for sg & fg are minimal, but because of the
nearing release I better send the patches for review after the
release. See below for an example.

m.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<PropertyList>
        <path>helipad.ac</path>

        <nasal>
                <script>
                        f = func {
                                if (!valid) { return }
                                print("Hello, I'm the helipad!");
                                settimer(f, 5);
                        }
                        f();
                </script>

                <script>       <!-- optional destructor -->
                        print("Bye, bye!")
                </script>
        </nasal>

        <animation>