In YASim, The launch bar or strop and the holdback can be attached to any part of the aircraft, including the nose-wheel leg. So a nose-wheel tow can be simulated if that is appropriate for the aircraft type. IIRC the first such aircraft was the F14 Tomcat, and all subsequent USN carrier aircraft have been so equipped. So far as I am aware, the A4 was never fitted with a nose-wheel tow capability, and certainly not the A4F.

Thanks for the offer of the diagram – please send it – I will keep it against the day we do a nose-wheel tow aircraft. (Mathias is still working on a F/A 18).

Thanks

Vivian

P.S. I suppose I ought to qualify the “any part” above: the holdback attachment point has to be aft of the launch bar attachment point  J

Isao Yamashita wrote

Looks so nice, but do you have the newer catapult hooks too (the one hooks to the launch bar, and the tension bar holding at the back of the nose gear strut) ?

I can send some diagrams if you need.

Isao

Vivian Meazza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi

I started out by adjusting the catapult strop and holdback attachment points
for the A4, and noticed that we had an A4E YASim config (more or less) with
an A3F modified for the Blue Angels aerobatic team 3D model. So I tidied up
the 3d model, constructed the correct YASim config, including airbrakes and
spoilers, and added some eye candy: G-effects, gear steering and
compression, catapult strop and holdback. I've left the A4E config alone, in
case someone would like to provide a proper 3D model.

YASim came up trumps again for this one - I plugged in some good data,
re-measured the model, adjusted the CofG, and the result is a very flyable
model. I hope that this work will appear in cvs soon, but meanwhile here are
some screenshots to whet your appetite:

ftp://ftp.abbeytheatre.dyndns.org/fgfs/Screen-shots/a4f/

This is a very low poly model, and I've kept it that way, square(ish) wheels
and all. It should be readily usable by low spec computers.

And here's how to do it:

ftp://ftp.abbeytheatre.dyndns.org/fgfs/Screen-shots/a4f/A4carrftpierLandingC
ircuit.gif

Regards

Vivian