AJ MacLeod wrote:

On Sunday 05 March 2006 00:41, Dave Perry wrote:
I would like to add a voltage check before moving the flaps or landing
gear in data/Nasal/controls.nas.  The proposed changes are underlined.
<snipped proposed new flapsDown etc>
Since the pa24-250 configs and nasal switches check for voltage for all
the other electrical devices, It bothered me that I could lower the
flaps and retract the gear with the master switch off.
If we model the electrical systems but the electrical devices continue
to work with no power, then modeling failures becomes difficult.
Comments?

I agree with your line of thought - but like others have pointed out, "hardwiring" this sort of thing which varies greatly in real life is a very bad idea.

The good news is that you can just use your proposed flapsDown etc functions anyway! Just put them in a .nas file (and call them e.g. controls.flapsDown) and make sure it's included by the XML like any other bit of nasal.

Functions with the same name as the default ones are apparently used in preference; the Lightning for example (though a very bad place to go for examples of good nasal practice :-) overrides at least controls.flapsDown, braking and possibly others. At least it does now, after a bit of prompting from Melchoir...

This way you can get any kind of behaviour you like when someone presses the "flaps down" key etc, without any possibility of affecting any other a/c.
Thanks!
I wondered if something like that was possible. I will try this tonight. Actually, this gives me freedom to even better model the actual pa24-250 flap switch and response.

Regards,
Dave Perry