On 26/03/06, Erik Hofman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For those of you who feel the desire to model the lead-acid aircraft
> battery up to a bizarre level you could visit the Gill site:
>
> http://www.gillbatteries.com/manual.cfm

I'll be buying a new GIll battery in a couple of weeks.

For FlightGear, I think it's probably sufficient simply to model the
fact that the battery discharges (very rapidly, during cranking), that
the alternator or generator recharges it, that the alternator will not
work with a completely flat battery (though a generator will), and
that the battery cannot hold as large a charge when it's cold.

All the best,

David

--
http://www.megginson.com/