Hi Erik,

I'm sorry I was not aware of the previous discussion...

"Nice, People wanted the crop circles and a low number of textures and
now I'm being criticized by doing it that way. "

 I suppose it all comes down to personal experience. I guess I'm accustomed to seeing dairy farms and crops planted in groves instead of circles. But, I know someone from the mid-western parts of the United States would probably say the opposite, as I have seen their crop circles and they are huge. Sometimes a compromise has to be made (especially when the focus is to keep a low number of textures). Ironically the lack of crop circles hasn't been an issue so far. However it would be nice to use them again in areas where this type of farming is common place.

"I deliberately added the possibility to define more than one texture for every land use but used
it sparsely for the sake of texture memory consumption. "

yeah, this is still an issue I may have to deal with. Fortunately, cards have a bit more video memory these days, so I might be able to get away with adding just a few more textures :)

-Rob