I've just done a first stab of a binary release for OS-X, based on CVS as of yesterday. If you have access to a Mac with either 10.4.x or 10.3.9, please test it:

Things to keep in mind:

- there is no data dir inside the bundle, please ensure --fg-root is set in your .fgfsrc or on the command line
- this is an SDL build, if that matters to you (full screen works fine for me)
- this is a PPC build, not a universal one, but it should run acceptably fast on an Intel mac just because they're so damn quick; I will verify that tomorrow, and see if I can produce a stable Intel-native build, but don't hold your breath
- I haven't tested this myself on 10.3.9; again I'll get a chance tomorrow, but I welcome wider feedback.
- this is an -Os, stripped build; I'd be interested to know how people find the performance. I can do an -O2 build if people think it's worth trying, but Apple advise against it in general, except in places where profiling shows -O2 is worth it; parts of FG probably qualify. Also, no one is going to be running this on a G3, so cache size limits are less of an issue :)

All comments and feedback are welcome, apart from whining and complaining.

James

--

The real enemy is the gramophone mind, whether or not one agrees with the record that is being played at the moment.