On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:45:13 +1000, Pigeon wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > ..which version Morphix?
>
>     I'm using their latest 2.6.15 autobuilds basemod...

..uh, I see them as far as Morphix 0.5-pre5 "Himalia"?

> > >     - fgfs bash completion
> > ..huh?  Url?  :o)
>
>     http://members.aon.at/mfranz/flightgear/fgfs.bash
>
>     It's yet another FG goodies by Melchior.

..ah! I missed this one.  :o)

> > >     - fgrun or kfreeflight?
> >
> > ..grub!!!  FG setup _can_ be done right off the bootloader, and a
> > Grub menu tree is the way to do it.  ;o)
> > And, FG _can_ also be run _instead_ and "as" a X window manager.
> > Just dump'em in a xdm or wdm menu  when they exit FG.
>
>     I CAN do that, but it's not really user-friendly.

..chk out arabbix or kanotix, before you say "not user-friendly" here,
these guys use menu trees both for tech and language and keyboard layout
change reasons.

> And a window manager is definitely a need as we a few other useful
> apps for FG (firefox for FG site/further info/mpmap/etc, xpdf, irc
> client, etc)

..aye.  But for low end boxes such as the ~450MHz 100$ laptops Bill
Gates whines about , dumping the wm too will help them kids run it.
I dont have one, but I do have a coupla old amd k6-2 450MHz that
we can use for shoe-horning in FG.

..and they only need a wm when they don't fly.

> > ..allow and honor choosing both X.org GPL and ATI proprietary
> > drivers, GamesKnoppix and a few more force firegl down any ATI
> > throat.   Baaad.
>
>     Ah, ok, noted.
>
>     Thanks.

..I forgot to mention mc (midnight commander).  I have my own wee custom
setup which I find quite nice, chk attached arntsmc.tar.bz2
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/www/mmc $ ll arntsmc.tar.bz2 && md5sum arntsmc.tar.bz2
-rw-r--r-- 1 arnt arnt 1544 2006-04-05 12:29 arntsmc.tar.bz2
48103bab1c94b950285126471526502d  arntsmc.tar.bz2
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/www/mmc $

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: