Paul,

> How about this idea ...
> Since the X-Plane XSquawkBox module is cross platform why don't we just write
> a proxy app for it that pretends to be X-Plane and interfaces directly to FG
> in the background?

That sounds really good, although it's probably a lot more work than
just interfacing XP and FG -- remember XSquawBox has a GUI which must
be emulated!

> 1. you don't need to purchase X-Plane and run it on another PC

You don't need to purchase it anyway -- you don't need the scenery or
joystick input, and these are the only two things missing in the demo
version! I actually like the idea of running it on another PC because
having to type text messages to ATC on the same keyboard as the one
controlling the aircraft is a real mess. (Forget to press "Return"
before you type in XP and you can end up at FL380 with the gear
extending, A/P off, and reversers deploying -- no fun at all.)

I'm sure though that Sandy would help us by giving away which
functions of XP he uses in XSquawBox, i.e. which ones would have to be
emulated.

  Andras