On Friday 02 June 2006 01:44, Mick - wrote:
> I'm trying to create a type of collision avoidance capability, and would
> need AGL data from in front of the aircraft.
> Could someone suggest where (in the code) I could get "projected elevation"
> information, for example, AGL data 10 meters in front. My understanding is
> that AGL is taken from the nose of the aircraft.
In C++ code src/Scenery/scenery.hxx one of:

FGScenery::get_elevation_m;
FGScenery::get_cart_elevation_m;

should do what you need.
Dependent on how often you need to compute that and how far away from the
actual aircraft you need to know that the groundcache accessible from
FGInterface might be faster.
That provides you with the same information in a small area around the
aircraft (usually only the bonunding sphere of the aircraft model plus a few
meters) in a more performant way.

   Greetings

           Mathias

--
Mathias Fröhlich, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]