On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 14:57 +1200, dene maxwell wrote:
> I checked the Aircraft/Spitfire/spitfireIIa-set.xml and there were no
> leading "/" on any of the other file references I could find.

Erik didn't say file references, he said property references.

> I did find that by deleting the sections in the
> Aircraft/Spitfire/Models/spitfire_model.xml that relate to making certain
> parts of the invisible when the view is "0"
>
>     <!-- hide all of the model not visible from the cockpit -->
>     <animation>
>       <type>select</type>
>       <object-name>Hull</object-name>
>       <object-name>Hull-Aft</object-name>
>       <object-name>Stub-Wing-R</object-name>
>       <object-name>Stub-Wing-L</object-name>
>       <object-name>Flap-Inner-R</object-name>
>       <object-name>Flap-Inner-L</object-name>
>       <object-name>Flap-Outer-R</object-name>
>       <object-name>Flap-Outer-L</object-name>
>       <object-name>Cover-Lower-M</object-name>
>       <object-name>Cover-Lower-F</object-name>
>       <object-name>Cover-Lower-A</object-name>
>       <object-name>Cover-Engine-Side-L</object-name>
>       <object-name>Cover-Engine-Side-R</object-name>
>       <object-name>UC-Main-L</object-name>
>       <object-name>UC-Main-R</object-name>
>       <condition>
>         <not>
>           <equals>
>             <property>/sim/current-view/view-number</property>

This is a property reference.  If you are in your cockpit it will hide
all parts of the Spitfire not visible from the cockpit.  Change this one
line to read:
              <property>sim/current-view/view-number</property>
and the Spitfire should work properly. (Not tested, this is my read of
Erik's post.)

>             <value>0</value>
>           </equals>
>         </not>
>       </condition>
>     </animation>
>
> that the "missing" parts of the aircraft re-appeared.... I suspect that
> (atleast under 098a) a separate [aircraft]-model-AI.xml is needed for some
> of the aircraft that have these sort of conditional entries.
>
> ie something that caters for;
>
> gear-up/gear-down
> flaps-up/flaps-down
> tail-up/tail-down (for tail-draggers)
> engine-running/engine-stopped

If the property list in the AI model uses starts with a "/" then the AI
model uses the main aircraft's property.  The main aircraft is rooted at
"/"  If the property does not start with a "/" then the model will use a
property under the AI tree...  It's late for me...  Does that make
sense?

Ron