I've now converted all font-using parts in fgfs to use the
font-cache. And while I was at it, I also made some fonts
configurable:

panel
-----
Here only fonts "typewriter" and "led" could be used in the
past. Now all texture fonts ($FG_ROOT/Fonts/*.txf) can be used.
This may lead to wrong alignment in instruments that tried to
use other fonts already, because they were really adjusted
for "typewriter", but now the ordered fonts are delivered
and may not work with the old coords. Note that this is a
bug in the instrument xml files, and to be fixed there.

splash-screen
-------------
Font and color can be set in the respective style file
($FG_ROOT/gui/styles/*.xml). Here it is possible to use all
fonts, texture and bitmap (see comment on top of default.xml).
I set the old font as default, but SANS_12B or TIMES_24 look
nice, too. This can be changed in *-set.xml files, too, along
with the splash background, which doesn't need to be black.
Some dark color may look nice. Example:

  $ fgfs --aircraft=Citation-II \
         --prop:/sim/gui/style[1]/colors/splash-screen/{red,green}=0 \
         --prop:/sim/gui/style[1]/colors/splash-screen/blue=0.35 \
         --prop:/sim/gui/style[1]/fonts/splash/name=TIMES_24 \
         --prop:/sim/gui/style[1]/colors/splash-font/{red,green,blue}=0.7

hud
---
The HUD font is no longer hardcoded -- any texture font can be set
via /sim/hud/font/{name,size}. Bitmap fonts don't work (e.g. TIMES_10).

BTW: it's not hard to create further *.txf-fonts for the panel,
if needed.

m.