On 6/10/06, dene maxwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I know from my experience with FGTools, FGFS and TaxiDraw that parsing the
> APT file is not trivial ...the downside is of course the need for a
> SpecialAPT.DAT to cater for this and the inherent support and maintenance
> needed.

it's interesting that you would say this.

i had the same experience when i was doing some work for an x-plane
plugin, that parsing those files was tedious and so ... 1980's ...

when Ben put the word out about changes to apt.data, as an RFC to the
x-plane scenery list, i tried to advocate for an XML solution.

i was shot down immediately, and _one_ of the reasons was that it was
deemed that the current format is "simple", and an XML format is "more
difficult", which i found to be the oppossite of my own thinking.

it's nice to hear someone else say the current format is a pain too.

Tony

--
X-SA user ? 0.5.1 is out !
XData 0.1 for X-SA is out !